Monday, November 10, 2008

Budget Friendly Meals

Good morning everyone!

So anyone who knows me, knows that I love a deal. Its no different when it comes to shopping for groceries. I am kinda crazy in that I remember prices of certain items at certain stores. I also scour the sale ads every Tuesday and I get really excited when I find those fabulous 10 for 10 sales and just forget about it when I have a coupon, I am over the moon! Just an FYI, Albertsons has 1/2 gal milks on sale 10 for $10 this week. I have to remember to get over there tomorrow to get some before the sale ends.

Okay so yes, I have a problem with bargain shopping. I own it, I accept it, and I'm okay with it. But I know that there are families out there that struggle with planning budget friendly meals. You can only make your BAS stretch so far right? Well here are some links and ideas to help you with budget friendly meal planning.

From the blog "A Year of CrockPotting."
A Year of CrockPotting: Save Money By Using Your CrockPot Slow Cooker

I really like this blog. I just love that she has the resolve to use her crock pot everyday. I just used it the other day to make her french toast recipe...YUMMY!

She also posted a new one this morning about making granola in the crock pot!

Dining on a Dime/Living on a Dime
Living on a Dime

Tawra Kellam and Jill Cooper are awesome. Their site not only includes budget recipes but also advice on finances. Their recipes are not just for meals but also cleaning supplies and beauty products. I cannot express enough how much I love their cookbook "Dining on a Dime", its my go to book for budget friendly meals.

While you are visiting their website, sign up for their enewsletter. Its a fabulous resource with TONS of great ideas and resources.

Frugal Living
Frugal Living at About.com

This is another one that I have a free enewsletter subscription to. Just like "Living on a Dime", she not only has recipes but budget and finance advice. She also talks about eating organically on a budget. If that's something that floats your boat, definitely check her out. Her weekly budget for 4 people is $40.00 and that is mostly eating organic. Crazy right!

$5 Dollar Dinners
Erin at $5 Dollar Dinners

This one is just as crazy as me when it comes to finding a deal. She not only details her recipes and how much each ingredient costs but she also details her grocery shopping trips. I really like this approach to meal planning. She stays within her budget and helps to detail how we can do the same.


Please take a look at these blogs and websites. I will start posting my own budget friendly meals when I get a chance to. It just takes a while to actually sit down and write them out. Plus I'd like to get all P-Dub on you (the pioneer woman at http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/) and get some pictures up of my recipes. Lofty goal, I know but I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment